Sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to insure your vehicles every month? You're in the same situation as most other people in Georgia.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Georgia could save an average of roughly 60% each year by just shopping around, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
With so many choices of insurance companies, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the lowest price insurance company.
It's a great practice to compare prices before your next renewal because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Our goal in writing this article teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Although Georgia consumers must learn the methods companies use to determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to find affordable insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to drive to and from local Tifton insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the professional assistance of a local Tifton agent. It is possible to compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps you find the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,504||$752||$125|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$948||$474||$79|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,504||$752||$125|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,900||$950||$158|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates noticeably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of insurance rates for male and female drivers in Tifton. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in on a Nissan Altima 2.5 S.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cheap Tifton car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Payment Method - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Resident Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Tifton Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident Free - Tifton drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tifton car insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tifton, click this link.
Insurance is not optional in Georgia
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $855 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Tifton insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Tifton.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Tifton are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, it's recommended you get quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?