How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Smyrna, GA? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used car in Georgia can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your and locate the lowest possible price from Smyrna insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons occasionally because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best price on auto insurance a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to learn the fastest way to save on auto insurance.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Smyrna is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to find the best rates without reducing protection. Smart buyers just need to learn the proper way to buy auto insurance from multiple carriers.
Cheapest car insurance in Smyrna, GA
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$1,180||$590||$98|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,354||$677||$113|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,552||$776||$129|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$900||$450||$75|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,488||$744||$124|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,318||$659||$110|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$1,068||$534||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Smyrna location which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Ford Escape yearly insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Raise deductibles and save
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for auto insurance is how high should your deductibles be. The figures shown below outline the costs and benefits between high and low insurance deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $250 deductible for comp and collision and the second price table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$512||$394||$24||$118||$1,337||$111|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$512||$394||$24||$118||$1,337||$111|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,429||$119|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,429||$119|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$304||$604||$444||$26||$134||$1,537||$128|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$304||$604||$444||$26||$134||$1,537||$128|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$322||$394||$24||$118||$1,022||$85|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$322||$394||$24||$118||$1,022||$85|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$380||$394||$24||$118||$1,080||$90|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$380||$394||$24||$118||$1,080||$90|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$380||$444||$26||$134||$1,172||$98|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$380||$444||$26||$134||$1,172||$98|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Smyrna location which can revise premiums substantially.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $250 deductible costs roughly $28 more each month or $336 each year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to have more than 27 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money going with the higher deductible. The table below shows an example of how this decision is made.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$119|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $91|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$28|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $28|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||27 months|
One thing to note is that increasing deductibles to save money results in more money out-of-pocket if you have a claim. That will require a higher level of savings in the event you have to pay the higher deductible.
Earn discounts on Smyrna insurance
Companies don't list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Smyrna auto insurance online.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow their company to study their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Smyrna may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, newly married, teen driver discount, good student, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, mature driver, distant student, early shopping, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, group or association, good student, anti-lock brakes, and student away at school.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
If you need inexpensive Smyrna auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Smyrna, follow this link.
Choices you make can reduce your rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Prices may be higher where you live - Living in less populated areas has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
Drive lots and pay more - The more you drive your car annually the higher your rate. Most companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Small claims can cost you - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Georgia award lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Increase physical damage deductibles and save - Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, hitting a deer, or theft. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more you're willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Rates increase with policy add-ons - Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren't careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Your employer is a factor - Careers such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally have the highest rates because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Never let your coverage lapse - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Use credit responsibly and save - Credit rating can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Frequent quotes can save
The cheapest insurance in Smyrna can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We've covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on insurance in Smyrna. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More information is located on the following sites:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in North Atlanta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Alpharetta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Georgia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Savannah, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)