Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Milton, GA? Milton shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost car insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes on a and locate the lowest possible price from Milton insurance agents and online providers.
It's amazing but the vast majority of consumers in Georgia have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American insurance shoppers could pocket up to $850 a year, but they won't spend time to do a rate comparison.
Ways to get auto insurance price quotes in Milton, GA
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Milton, GA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,228||$614||$102|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,490||$745||$124|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,050||$525||$88|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,676||$838||$140|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can influence Honda Accord yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below illustrates the comparison of insurance rates for male and female drivers in Milton. The information is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied on a Toyota Corolla XLE.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How to lower your car insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Where you live is a factor - Residing in areas with lower population has it's advantages when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Combine policies with the same company - The majority of car insurance companies will give lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- How's your driving record? - A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Just one chargable violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Your spouse saves you money - Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your car insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don't need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Policy lapses lead to higher prices - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Discount Milton car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount - Having more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Milton car insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Milton and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, accident-free
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for professional/association, annual mileage, anti-theft, accident-free, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, good student, and business or organization.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To locate insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, click here to view.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing a policy, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Cheaper car insurance in Milton is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Milton agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)