Want to know how to find more affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta? Did budget coverage turn out to be overpriced Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta? Believe me when I say there are lots of Atlanta residents who feel the same.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers in Georgia have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Most drivers in the U.S. could save an average of approximately $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates online. Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite best price available on Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates every six months since prices change frequently. Even if you got the best deal on Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta.
Best companies for low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Georgia
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$146||$226||$426||$26||$128||$952||$79|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$294||$508||$418||$24||$126||$1,370||$114|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$268||$436||$426||$26||$128||$1,284||$107|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$278||$414||$444||$26||$134||$1,296||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$192||$296||$458||$28||$138||$1,112||$93|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$254||$380||$458||$28||$138||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$218||$352||$426||$26||$128||$1,150||$96|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$374||$704||$538||$32||$162||$1,810||$151|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$318||$414||$582||$34||$174||$1,522||$127|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$328||$592||$466||$28||$140||$1,554||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$328||$592||$502||$30||$150||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$328||$622||$502||$30||$150||$1,632||$136|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$366||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,790||$149|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$298||$514||$426||$26||$128||$1,392||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$612||$426||$26||$128||$1,524||$127|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$366||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,790||$149|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$424||$742||$600||$36||$180||$1,982||$165|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$374||$694||$538||$32||$162||$1,800||$150|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$328||$688||$418||$24||$126||$1,584||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$370||$680||$454||$26||$136||$1,666||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Ram premium costs with and without full coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact formula for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Get Dodge Ram Insurance at a Discount
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Incidental coverages that aren't used - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Younger vs. older drivers - Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Youthful drivers are proven to be less responsible when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
- Traffic violations cost more than a fine - Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Pleasure use or commuting - Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Ram can result in significantly higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Having an address in a small town has it's advantages when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list the entire discount list very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers discounts including renters, DriveSense, defensive driver, multi-car, and good student.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, good student, bundle, and air bag.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area. To see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Georgia, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Atlanta car insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Atlanta.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the point about how much you will save after switching your insurance policy to them.
That's great but how can every company charge you less for car insurance? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, has few claims, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest prices in Atlanta and will probably save if they switch.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to these criteria may receive a higher rate and this results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. This is how companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because of these techniques, you should compare price quotes frequently. It's just not possible to know which company will have the best Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Ram?
- What happens if I owe more than my Dodge Ram is worth?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Smart consumers save more
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
A few companies don't offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Cost effective Dodge Ram insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.