Comparison shopping for cheap Chevy Cruze insurance in Savannah can seem to be nearly impossible for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing prices online. You have so many options available that it can turn into a big hassle to find a cheaper company.
Unthinkable but true, most Georgia insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in the United States could cut their rates by 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Comparison shopping for more affordable auto insurance policy in Savannah can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, Georgia vehicle owners should learn how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable companies for Chevy Cruze insurance in Georgia
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Cruze insurance in Savannah?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study their driving habits remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Cruze insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Savannah can get you a discount because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Savannah car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Savannah car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Savannah car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, and driver training.
- American Family has savings for good student, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, accident-free, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, early quote, home ownership, driver training, multi-car, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, distant student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- USAA may have discounts that include good student, military installation, loyalty savings, driver training, multi-policy, vehicle storage, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for good student, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and hybrid vehicle.
Check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state.
Local Savannah auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Savannah.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Savannah that can give you free Savannah car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Savannah come in two varieties
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Savannah can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Savannah who can help you get pricing information.
- C I Partners LLC
2000 Business Center Dr #255 - Savannah, GA 31405 - (912) 232-2500 - View Map
- Direct Auto Insurance
3507 Skidaway Rd d - Savannah, GA 31404 - (912) 355-1161 - View Map
- Aveco Insurance Agency, Llc
121 E Montgomery Cross Rd - Savannah, GA 31406 - (912) 920-7667 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Savannah who can help you get price quote information.
- Verdell Jones - State Farm Insurance Agent
11141 Abercorn St - Savannah, GA 31419 - (912) 920-9300 - View Map
- State Farm: Johnny Moran
5208 Waters Ave - Savannah, GA 31404 - (912) 351-6800 - View Map
- Dennis Aikens - State Farm Insurance Agent
224 Stephenson Ave d - Savannah, GA 31405 - (912) 353-9121 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Why you might not save $404 a year
Popular car insurance providers such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all make the point that you'll save big if you switch to them. How is it plausible that every one can make the same claim?
Most companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. For example, a profitable customer might be described as between the ages of 30 and 45, has never had a claim, and has great credit. A propective insured that fits those parameters will get a cheap rate quote in Savannah and will save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who do not meet those standards will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-conscious Chevy Cruze insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Savannah agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.