Are you tired of trying to find cheaper Ford Focus insurance in Savannah? Comparison shopping for more affordable Ford Focus insurance in Savannah might be a challenge for people who have little experience comparing prices online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can be a real difficult job to find cheaper Ford Focus insurance rates.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Georgia have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in the United States could save themselves roughly $860 a year, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons yearly since prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best price on Ford Focus insurance in Savannah a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the best rates in Savannah is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using this strategy. But Georgia vehicle owners do need to understand how companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Ford Focus insurance in Savannah
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$404||$444||$26||$134||$1,194||$100|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,304||$109|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$682||$512||$30||$154||$1,632||$136|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$476||$444||$26||$134||$1,266||$106|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$260||$598||$418||$24||$126||$1,426||$119|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$276||$556||$458||$28||$138||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Focus annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance policy discounts for Ford Focus insurance in Savannah
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Savannah auto insurance quote.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give a small break for signing up on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Student Driver Training - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
If you would like to view insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Georgia, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Savannah that can provide free Savannah auto insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long have they been in business?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Focus.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, hail damage, theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Focus caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Focus to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people's vehicles and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Georgia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as funeral costs, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
In this article, we presented many ways to compare Ford Focus insurance prices in Savannah. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Savannah auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you quote Savannah auto insurance, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Savannah is possible online in addition to many Savannah insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Albany, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)