Would you like to stop overpaying and find the cheapest insurance rates in Thomasville, GA? Being forced to pay for overpriced insurance premiums can dwindle your monthly budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
Astonishing but true, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Thomasville could save nearly $960 every year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. Because there are so many choices, it can be impossible to find a lower cost insurance company.
Finding the lowest cost coverage in Thomasville is quite easy. If you're already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper car insurance without sacrificing coverage. Smart shoppers just have to know the least time-consuming way to compare rates instantly.
Take policy discounts and save on insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Thomasville auto insurance quotes online.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Paper-free Discount - A few insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may have discounts that include early quote, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, payment discounts, driver training, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, homeowner, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- USAA includes discounts for driver training, defensive driver, multi-policy, military installation, annual mileage, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in Thomasville. To find providers that offer some of these discounts in Thomasville, click here.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$860||$430||$72|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,182||$591||$99|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,382||$691||$115|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,522||$761||$127|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$934||$467||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify premium rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles
One of the more difficult decisions when buying auto insurance is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The data tables below highlight the differences in premium rates of buying low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second set of prices uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$512||$394||$24||$118||$1,377||$115|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,509||$126|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$694||$492||$30||$148||$1,733||$144|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,509||$126|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,509||$126|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$694||$394||$24||$118||$1,637||$136|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$694||$394||$24||$118||$1,637||$136|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$414||$394||$24||$118||$1,198||$100|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$560||$492||$30||$148||$1,508||$126|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$560||$394||$24||$118||$1,406||$117|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$560||$394||$24||$118||$1,406||$117|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Thomasville garaging location which can impact insurance rates substantially.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible costs an average of $18 more each month or $216 every year than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go more than 14 months between claim filings, you would save money if you choose the higher deductible.
How to calculate deductible break even period
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$130|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $112|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$18|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $18|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||14 months|
One important note is that a higher deductible results in a higher out-of-pocket expense at claim time. That will necessitate enough extra savings in the event you have to pay the higher deductible.
Learn how to buy auto insurance more affordably
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
The items below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
Raise deductibles and save - The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Liability coverage claims can be big - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Your location is important - Being located in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Higher prices for auto insurance policy lapses - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Buy a safe car and pay less - Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Thomasville, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper insurance prices are available
The cheapest insurance in Thomasville is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Thomasville agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
You just learned many ideas to lower your insurance car insurance rates in Thomasville. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Thomasville auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional information is available on the following sites: