Do you want lower-priced auto insurance rates in Rome, GA? Purchasing budget-priced quotes over the internet might seem difficult for people not familiar with comparing prices online. With so many insurance companies available, how can people be able to compare every one to find better rates?
It's amazing but about 70% of customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many drivers in the United States could pocket as much as 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Lower-cost Rome auto insurance rates with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a safe driver class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles can earn cheaper rates.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Rome car insurance.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Some of the larger companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Rome.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage prices direct online. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. When complete, the quote system pulls your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
To compare rates now, check out the insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you are getting rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$914||$457||$76|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,336||$668||$111|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Rome which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Higher deductibles lower rates
One of the most common auto insurance questions is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The following insurance rates may help to illustrate how much more rates are between high and low physical damage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second rate table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific Rome garaging location which can change premiums greatly.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs an average of $42 more each month or $504 annually than quoting the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $900 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at least 21 months between claims, you would come out ahead going with the higher deductible. Below is how you can come to your own conclusion.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$135|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $93|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$42|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $42|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||21 months|
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Nissan Sentra insurance costs for each different age category. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rome insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Rome. The information is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Nissan Altima 3.5 SR.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though rates can get expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability - This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like vandalism, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverages - Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your vehicle caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like EMT expenses, dental work, ambulance fees and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your vehicle.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy Rome car insurance online, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We've covered a lot of techniques to compare insurance premium rates in Rome. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Georgia Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Georgia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Dalton, GA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)