Would you like to stop overpaying and find cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Columbus? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Chevy Silverado in Georgia can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and locate the lowest possible price from Columbus insurance agents and online providers.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of Georgia drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save themselves about $859 a year by just shopping around, but they think it's difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Consumers should take time to compare prices yearly because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best price on Chevy Silverado insurance in Columbus last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Silverado insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn the best ways to save money.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Shopping for the lowest cost policy in Columbus is easy if you know what you're doing. Smart buyers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to buy auto insurance instantly.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
- Online Discount - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Columbus auto insurance depending on your company.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Columbus auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower insurance rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
To view insurers with the best discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Columbus is quite simple because it's just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the form. After you complete the form, their quoting system orders your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get a better rate.
To find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you're receiving a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Columbus, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$166||$282||$418||$24||$126||$1,016||$85|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$428||$378||$22||$114||$1,172||$98|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$386||$612||$582||$34||$174||$1,788||$149|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$212||$404||$466||$28||$140||$1,250||$104|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$184||$370||$476||$28||$142||$1,200||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$182||$316||$402||$24||$120||$1,044||$87|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$262||$528||$502||$30||$150||$1,472||$123|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$212||$404||$466||$28||$140||$1,250||$104|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$392||$604||$516||$30||$154||$1,696||$141|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$372||$454||$26||$136||$1,194||$100|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$254||$448||$406||$24||$122||$1,254||$105|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$500||$418||$24||$126||$1,332||$111|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$382||$720||$444||$26||$134||$1,706||$142|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$312||$556||$406||$24||$122||$1,420||$118|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$218||$414||$426||$26||$128||$1,212||$101|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$372||$402||$24||$120||$1,124||$94|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$424||$1020||$532||$32||$158||$2,166||$181|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$182||$362||$370||$22||$110||$1,046||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in Columbus location which can impact prices considerably.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevrolet Silverado car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine your insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better insurance rates.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
With age comes responsibility - Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Inexperience drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Single vs. married - Walking down the aisle actually saves money when buying insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Premiums impacted by your city - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Save money by having responsible credit - Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
Prevent theft and save - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Women tend to cost less - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes have auto accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Fast cars cost more to insure - The performance level of the car you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Silverado falls in the pickup truck class, insurance will be similar in price as compared to the average rate in Columbus. The lowest performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Silverado - Car insurance companies use data from past claims when determining insurance costs. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Silverado Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD||76||118||85||78||69||125|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD||60||76||72||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||89||103||131||77||70||94|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||96||105||116||57||57||87|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||90||126||100||88||85||117|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||84||98||89||60||60||88|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD||60||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD||66||97||66|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||76||127||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||88||114||97||45||42||82|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD||80||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||79||105||83||37||43||75|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||98||127||108||54||39||76|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD||129||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent's help.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Silverado is worth?
- What is the minimum liability in Georgia?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agencies near you
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Columbus.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Columbus who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want an insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Columbus can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you will want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Columbus that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Alfa Insurance - Chris Williams Agency
2124 Terrace Dr - Columbus, GA 31904 - (706) 576-2602 - View Map
- Sherry Miles - Aflac Insurance Agent
1800 Buena Vista Rd - Columbus, GA 31906 - (706) 660-7310 - View Map
- Lovern Insurance Agency
4507 Armour Rd - Columbus, GA 31904 - (706) 494-3998 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbus that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm: Rick Hill
5111 Armour Rd - Columbus, GA 31904 - (706) 324-0161 - View Map
- Robert Queener - State Farm Insurance Agent
4570 Reese Rd - Columbus, GA 31907 - (706) 561-2550 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: The Mobley Agency
5435 Woodruff Farm Rd Ste B300 - Columbus, GA 31907 - (706) 229-7337 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Georgia?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
If you get good answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can adequately provide insurance. Just be aware that you can always terminate coverage at any time so don't think you are locked into any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Columbus, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
One last thing about your coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered many ways to compare Chevy Silverado insurance rates in Columbus. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Georgia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Alpharetta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)