Looking for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Douglasville, GA? Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Douglasville can dry up your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Getting a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Unbelievably, the majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Georgia can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to shop their coverage around.
Lots of car insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on auto insurance.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rate on auto insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you one of the best ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Douglasville is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Although Georgia vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering affordable price quotes in Georgia
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Ford Edge Sport 2WD||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$974||$487||$81|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,746||$873||$146|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,654||$827||$138|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,938||$969||$162|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,492||$746||$124|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,448||$724||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive formula to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Silverado book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Honda Accord car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Smart consumers know how to buy car insurance cheaper
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Performance makes a difference - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Safer occupants lowers prices - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your car, truck, or SUV has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Infrequent drivers can save - Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
Does your employer cost you more? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives and accountants tend to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers like farmers, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Save with these discounts
Some insurers do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home - Owning a home in Douglasville can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will lower your policy premium.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, seat belt use, daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, good student, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, defensive driver, and homeowners.
- Allstate may include discounts for premier discount, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, teenSMART discount, and early signing.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Douglasville who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
If you are wanting to find a local Douglasville insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Douglasville can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Is there truth in advertising?
Well-known insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. All the ads try to convey promises of big savings if you switch your coverage. How does every insurance company make the same claim? It's all in the numbers.
All companies have underwriting criteria for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. For instance, this type of risk profile might be described as over the age of 35, carries high limits, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver that meets those criteria will probably get cheap premium rates and have a good chance to save some money.
Potential insureds who do not match those standards will be quoted a higher premium and this results in business not being written. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Different companies use different criteria so you really need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheap Douglasville car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
The cheapest auto insurance in Douglasville is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Douglasville agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenagers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Albany, Georgia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Georgia Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Augusta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Smyrna, Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)