Want to learn how to find the cheapest insurance rates in Alpharetta, GA? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to pay high insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other vehicle owners in Georgia.
Sadly, most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Alpharetta could save an average of as much as 60% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Since vehicle owners have many options, it's nearly impossible to find the cheapest insurance company.
It's a good habit to price shop coverage on a regular basis because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rates on insurance six months ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
Free Alpharetta insurance rate quotes
All major insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes online. The process is quite easy because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, the company's rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price determined by many factors. Using the web to get quotes makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Alpharetta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,262||$631||$105|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$874||$437||$73|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,688||$844||$141|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,296||$648||$108|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$996||$498||$83|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,854||$927||$155|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,844||$922||$154|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,286||$643||$107|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$980||$490||$82|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter insurance rates considerably.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The example below illustrates the difference between annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Alpharetta. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Honda Accord EX.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get discounts to get affordable Alpharetta insurance rates
Some insurers don't always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Alpharetta car insurance online. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used car may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Alpharetta car insurance but check with your company.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, defensive driver, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, driver's education, good driver, multiple policy, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, online shopper, good student, homeowner, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free Alpharetta car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Alpharetta overpays more than $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local agents and car insurance
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Alpharetta that provide free Alpharetta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking a company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Alpharetta, get answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?